Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years 2011

First blog post! What better way to start off a new blog than with a New Year's post. Appropriate timing if I do say so myself.

Kevin and I will be spending New Year's Eve in Eugene again at a wine bar where his band will be playing. It should be fun, but the majority of our friends will either not be there, or only be there for a short time. I suppose this is what happens when you move away from your college town. Between new bands, babies on the way, bands playing in different cities, moving to different states, and the like, our closest friends are scattered about this year. Bummer! However, I don't doubt that it will still be a rockin' good time.

Below I have posted an inspiration board of what I originally envisioned my New Year's Eve outfit to look like. I searched the world wide web for days to find the perfect sequin dress. I finally came to the realization that there is no way I could pull off a number this bold and sexy. My former roommate, Kelly and I used to joke about how we are never referred to as "hot" or "sexy." The adjective most have used in the past to describe my looks are either "pretty" or "cute." Neither of those descriptors can rock an outfit that scandalous. Thus, I have decided to go for a "cute," flowy dress that I found at the gap outlet. I've posted a picture of it below the "sexy" dress. If I had an iPhone 4S, the picture quality would be about a million times better, but I don't, so you'll have to deal with it. If you can't tell, the colors are cream, tan, and a steely blue. It doesn't give the WOW factor that sequins and red pumps do, but when I pair that baby with some strappy black heels (from target), I think it will do the job. The heels look a bit intimidating at first and are not a style I would normally pick out, but I promise, they are adorable on. I would have preferred some tan colored pumps, but I already own the black ones and can't really afford to go buying new heels at the moment. In any case, I'm excited that the dress is practical enough to be worn to many different events.

I'm also very excited that this New Year's Eve marks Kevin and I's (I/me struggle anyone? Mr. Hummelt?) second anniversary. Huzzah!

New Year's Resolutions/Goals:
Eat healthier (cliché)
Exercise more (even more cliché)
Work on curing my Trichotillomania
Get a teaching job after graduate school
Apply for a teaching abroad position in Germany as a backup
Become a super awesome math teacher
Practice more duets with Kevin
Learn how to use GIMP

Any exciting New Year's plans and/or resolutions out there?

Original New Years Inspirations
"Sexy" New Year's Eve outfit

"Cute" and Practical New Year's Eve Outfit

1 comment:

  1. Very nice launch Brittany! Welcome to one more way to shirk grad school responsibilities...:) Have a stellar New year!

    ReplyDelete